CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The rapid development of biomedical equipment technology, combined with the introduction of increasingly complex and vital biomedical equipment, has created a serious need for well-prepared technicians in hospitals and medical research centers. These technicians must understand this new technology and be capable of maintaining, calibrating, modifying, and adapting this equipment. CT State Community College’s Biomedical Engineering Technology Associate Degree program will qualify students for these demanding careers.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
- Show mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of biomedical engineering technology
- Apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications in mathematics, science, engineering, and technology
- Conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes
- Function effectively as part of a team
- Communicate effectively
- Display professional, ethical, and social responsibilities
Growth in the biotechnology industry offers graduates of this program new opportunities as instrumentation calibration technicians for production, validation, and research equipment and instrumentation. Equipment manufacturers require the services of biomedical engineering technicians to assist in developing, manufacturing, testing, service, and technical sales of biomedical equipment. Graduates of CT State CC’s program are also capable of dealing with most types of nonmedical electronics. This program is offered at the Gateway Campus.