CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
This program is for students who are interested in a career in law enforcement, corrections, security, or the court and legal system. The Associates in Science degree will allow a student to pursue a career immediately upon completion or to transfer to a four-year institution. The program offers a general track in criminal justice or students can choice from the eight areas of concentration.
Degree concentration areas include:
- Criminal Justice: Computer Crime Investigations, AS (CRJS-AS-CCI) - Manchester and Naugatuck Valley
- Criminal Justice: Corrections, AS (CRJS-AS-COR) - Asnuntuck, Gateway, Houstonic, and Tunxis
- Criminal Justice: Criminal Investigations, AS (CRJS-AS-CRI) - Houstonic and Manchester
- Criminal Justice: Homeland Security, AS (CRJS-AS-HLS) - Three Rivers and Tunxis
- Criminal Justice: Juvenile Justice, AS (CRJS-AS-JJS) - Gateway and Middlesex
- Criminal Justice: Law and Legal, AS (CRJS-AS-LL) - Housatonic and Manchester
- Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement, AS (CRJS-AS-LE) - All campuses
- Criminal Justice: Victimology, AS (CRJS-AS-VCT) Capital, Gateway, Middlesex and Naugatuck Valley
Criminal Justice Program Goals:
- Complete an Associate of Science degree in Criminal Justice.
- Acquire the skills necessary to secure employment within field of criminal justice.
- Transfer into a Bachelor Degree Program.
Criminal Justice Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles of police, courts and corrections and explain the functions they serve within the criminal justice system and the community.
- Apply principles of constitutional and criminal laws that protect the rights of and regulates conduct of a culturally diverse society.
- Demonstrate knowledge of theories, principles, processes of the criminal justice system.
- Prepare written documents and deliver oral presentations related to the criminal justice field.