CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The Interior Design program is designed to develop technical skills, creativity, and an understanding of all aspects of interior design. The graduates of the program will be qualified by education, experience, and examination to enhance the function and quality of interior spaces for the purpose of improving the quality of life, increasing productivity, and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Analyze client’s needs, goals, and life safety requirements.
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design.
- Formulate preliminary design concepts that are aesthetic, appropriate, and functional, and in accordance with codes and standards.
- Develop and present final design recommendations through appropriate presentation media.
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for non-load bearing interior construction, reflected ceiling plans, lighting, interior detailing, materials, finishes, space planning, furnishings, fixtures, and equipment in compliance with universal accessibility and sustainability, guidelines and all applicable codes.
- Collaborate with professional services of other licensed practitioners in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical, and load-bearing design as required for regulatory approval.
- Prepare and administer bids and contract documents as the client’s agent, and construction scheduling.
- Review and evaluate design solutions during implementation and upon completion.