CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The Cybersecurity Associate Degree is designed to take a student with little or no information technology experience and prepare them for entry-level work in Cybersecurity. Curriculum in this program is based on topic areas, learning objectives, and goals for educating the workforce prescribed by the cybersecurity community, including the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) and the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE).
Students will choose between 3 options:
This degree is designed for immediate workforce placement. Students may also choose to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year university.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates should be able to:
- Design, build and test a Python program.
- Design and build local area networks (LAN).
- Identify the security controls required by organization to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of data and systems.
- Evaluate computer crimes and forensic methods.
- Implement major network authentication schemes.
- Use hacking software tools to identify known vulnerabilities associated with a computer system, and computer network.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies, security policies, and procedures.
- Install network security appliances and software such as firewall and network intrusion systems.
This degree will begin to prepare students for common security certification exams such as:
- CompTIA Linux+
- CompTIA Security+
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (CEH)
- ISC2’s Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)