CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
Students who complete the Animation & Motion Graphics Certificate will be able to design two and three-dimensional digital animation sequences, special effects, and interactive media assets for use in advertising, marketing, business and media industries. Certificate credits also apply to the Digital Arts Technology degree program and for transfer to BA/ BS programs at other colleges.
- Demonstrate efficient time management and organizational practices.
- Practice effective communication both independently and as part of a team.
- Recognize and use standard animation production workflow to facilitate project completion.
- Apply industry-standard techniques and tools to complete professional level animation components.
- Create state-of-the-art special effect techniques used in film and video.
- Complete significant projects resulting in a robust portfolio or demo reel.
Courses in this program require access to the Naugatuck Valley DAT Computer Studio Lab, or a student must have a computer with specialized software (including Adobe Creative Cloud, Autodesk’s Maya, and others as industry dictates) to take the Hy-Flex courses.
DAT courses are available offered at the Naugatuck Valley Campus as Hy-Flex; HyFlex or BlendFlex is offered in the traditional classroom setting; it allows for virtual attendance since it is being broadcast (and recorded).