CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The Digital Marketing certificate prepares students for entry-level digital marketing positions. It also can boost current marketable skills on a resume and help facilitate a career change. The Digital Marketing certificate is a career path that includes Business, Communications, English, and Digital Media Production courses.
A review from the American Marketing Association and the Digital Marketing Association of the top skills digital Marketers need to be successful in the workforce are embedded in the program design. In addition, the Digital Marketing certificate outcomes provide competencies in the top skills required found in digital marketing positions; Marketing Knowledge, Social Media Marketing, Marketing Strategy, Product Management, Budgeting, Marketing Communications, Content Marketing, E-commerce, User Interface & Experience, Online Advertising Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Website Optimization, Display and Video Advertising and Analytics.
- Understand and apply segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, and the marketing mix in pursuit of long-term marketing objectives.
- Develop and apply integrated marketing strategies for all channels.
- Analyze principles, techniques and major functions of management and business organizations.
- Create Search Engine Marketing (SEM) & Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) techniques (campaigns), evaluate their effectiveness and recommend changes that will improve an e-commerce campaign’s conversion rates.
- Understand the various methods of online display advertising and create online display ad campaigns and measure its ROAS (return on ad spend based on budgeting) for an e-commerce site.
- Understand and interpret web analytics; determine the appropriate KPIs for any type of website and make appropriate recommendations to an e-commerce website based on the conversion funnel and analytics.
- Understand and implement best practices in marketing to a database of current and potential customers via email.
- Create compelling content including titles, bylines and copy and utilize knowledge of social media tactics to design an effective social media campaigns.
- Use new media including social media, blogs, web sites and online portfolios for course presentations and job preparation.
- Effectively use a variety of industry standard tools and processes for producing contemporary forms of digital media across multiple delivery platforms and delivery systems.
- ENG 1010 - Composition Credits: 3
- NMP 1110 - Introduction to Digital Graphics Credits: 3
- NMP 2210 - Web Productions Fundamentals Credits: 3
- BMGT 2020 - Principles of Management Credits: 3
- OR BMGT 2100 - Organizational Behavior Credits: 3
- BMKT 2010 - Principles of Marketing Credits: 3
- BMKT 2160 - Digital Marketing Credits: 3
- BMKT 2080 - Social Media Marketing Credits: 3
- Any course in ACCT, BMGT, BENT, BMKT, BUSN, NMP, COMM, ENG, MATH, ECON Credits: 3
- Any course in ACCT, BMGT, BENT, BMKT, BUSN, NMP, COMM, ENG, MATH Credits: 3
- BUSN 2098 - Business Special Topics Credits: 3
- OR BUSN 2095 - Business Practicum Credits: 3