Mar 03, 2024
CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
This certificate will prepare students for immediate employment in entry level jobs in the construction industry. Graduates of the program will acquire basic knowledge and skills in administrative procedures, resource management and construction processes for building systems and heavy/highway systems. Further, graduates will have the ability to utilize construction documents for quantity take-offs, participate in construction job-site office meetings and provide related documentation and correspondence. All credits in this certificate are directly transferable into the Construction Management A.S. degree program at Capital.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Interpret and effectively utilize construction and construction-related documents including reference materials, contracts, and specifications.
- Prepare quantity take-offs using manual mathematical models/techniques and takeoff software.
- Estimate construction costs for bidding and assess the appropriateness of various construction methods, materials and equipment in specific situations.
- Identify construction equipment and tools and their use in Building Systems and Heavy/Highway Systems.
- No to low cost for students. No textbooks for CM courses- utilize construction industry specific project Drawings and Specifications
- Students earn “ProCore Certificates”, Industry Certifications achievable within the Construction Management Program, embedded within the software at no cost for the credential.
- Prepares student for the Construction Management in Training, (CMiT) Level 1 Nationally recognized Certification Exam with the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- ALL classes transfer into the AS - Construction Management Program at Capital
- ALL classes transfer into the BS - Construction Management Program at CCSU
- WIOA eligible
- This Certificate will fulfill the Apprenticeship Educational requirements for two CT-Department of Labor Apprenticeship Programs as follows (I-i-T) Inspector-in-Training and (CM-i-T) Construction Manager-in-Training (to be finalized by June 2022)