CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The TAP Theater Studies degree provides students with the opportunity for educational, professional, and personal development through the study and practice of the theater arts. Opportunities include preparing for transfer to four-year institutions, conservatories, or individual studio training; employment in the theater profession; and the personal development of the essential skills inherent in theater practice, such as discipline, collaboration, and creativity.
- Demonstrate competency in the analysis of theatrical art.
- Demonstrate competency in the performance of theatrical art.
- Demonstrate competency in the production of theatrical art.
- Demonstrate competency in the standards and practices of the theater profession.
- Demonstrate competency in the skills essential for further education in theater studies.
The CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree in Theater Studies, A.A. is a 61-credit degree. Note that in order to graduate and be guaranteed admission to a State University or to Charter Oak State College, you must earn an overall 2.0 grade point average.
Students who declare the Transfer Ticket: CSCU Pathway Transfer Degree: Theatre Studies. A.A. can transfer to the following majors and universities:
- Central Connecticut State University: Theatre, Performance Emphasis, B.F.A. Theatre, Design Tech. Emphasis, B.F.A.
- Eastern Connecticut State University: Theatre, Acting Concentration, B.A. Theatre, Directing Concentration, B.A. Theatre, Dance & World Performance, B.A. Theatre, Design Technology & Management, B.A.
- Southern Connecticut State University: Theatre, B.A.
- Western Connecticut State University: Theatre Arts, Theatre Studies Option, B.A. Theatre Arts, Performance Option, B.A.
You are free to choose any courses at or above 1000-level to complete any available unrestricted electives. You can also complete other General Education requirements at Central and Western, but not at Eastern.
Finally, if you intend to transfer to Central CT State University in New Britain, you are strongly urged to begin work on the required minor. CCSU requires an 18-credit minor; you can complete up to 9 credits of that minor at the community college. Your advisor will help you to determine which courses to select. Important: If you did not complete a 3rd year of a foreign language in high school or met the language requirement in some other way, you must use unrestricted elective credit to complete a second semester level of a foreign language course before transferring.