CT State Community College Catalog 2023-2024
- New students enrolling for the first time in Fall 2023 will begin as students of Connecticut State Community College under this catalog.
- Continuing students from one of the 12 community colleges will be transitioned into a CT State program in this catalog as of the start of the Fall 2023 term.
- The policies, courses and programs described are applicable as of the Fall 2023 term and may be updated as circumstances require.
The CSCC Theater Program provides students with the opportunity for educational, professional, and personal development through the study and practice of the theater arts. Opportunities include preparing for transfer to four-year institutions, conservatories, or individual studio training; employment in the theater profession; and the personal development of the essential skills inherent in theater practice, such as discipline, collaboration, and creativity.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate competency in the analysis of theatrical art.
- Demonstrate competency in the performance of theatrical art.
- Demonstrate competency in the production of theatrical art.
- Demonstrate competency in the standards and practices of the theater profession.
- Demonstrate competency in the skills essential for further education in theater studies.
Graduates are afforded various theater employment or internship opportunities in theater production, education, design, and performance.